Student Advisory Board | University of Nevada, Reno
The Student Advisory Board (SAB) is comprised of 8-10 undergraduate and graduate students from the University of Nevada, Reno, who will use their student experiences to inform and contribute to important initiatives in Counseling Services. SAB members represent the voice of our diverse student body and support counseling services in providing feedback to improve mental health efforts.
SAB members will serve as advisors to the Director of Counseling Services and the Program Director for Outreach to represent the voice of our diverse student body at the university.
What are the tasks of the Advisory Board?
- Attend monthly board meetings. The duration of the monthly sessions is approximately 90 minutes.
- Participate in evaluating and providing feedback to improve Counseling Services resources and services.
- Sponsor campus programs that support mental health and well-being.
- Take part in professional appraisal interviews and selection processes.
- Provide feedback for strategic planning and advisory services initiatives.
- Participate in conversations about mental health issues in college.
- Discuss and identify potential creative solutions to address mental health issues affecting the entire student body of the university.
- Provide input on the outreach of advisory services and campus community engagement initiatives.
What advantages do I have as an SAB member?
- You will gain valuable experience to add to your professional resume.
- Ability to provide feedback to support mental initiatives on campus.
- Help guide the work of the Advisory Services to best serve the campus community.
- Opportunity for professional development Counseling through Counseling Services faculty.
How do I apply?
Students representing the diversity of the University’s student body (majors, years of study, race, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, etc.) are sought for the Board, applications are due in May 2022. Interested students are asked to complete the online application below by Wednesday, May 4, 2022. Students will be interviewed by the Counseling Services SAB Recruiting Committee for consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact Carla Franich, program director for public relations, at [email protected] or (775) 784-4648.