Mental Health Apps Market Size Worth $17.5 Billion By 2030: Grand View Research, Inc. | Messages
SAN FRANCISCO, February 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Global Mental Health Apps Market size expected reach $17.5 billion by 2030, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 16.5% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing penetration and acceptance of mental health applications due to their benefits in improving mental health and well-being of patients and/or consumers, and increasing mental health awareness are some of the key factors behind the growth of this market.
Key takeaways and takeaways from the report:
- The market growth is attributed to increasing adoption of mental health apps to reduce mental health related issues
- The iOS platform type segment dominated the market in 2021 owing to the increasing adoption of iOS among consumers
- The segment of depression and anxiety treatment apps dominated the market in 2021 due to the rising prevalence of depression and anxiety disorders as well as rising awareness of mental health-based apps to treat these conditions
- North America dominated the market with a revenue share of over 35.0% in 2021 due to developments in utility networks, increased adoption of smartphones and rising prevalence of mental illness
- Read the 118-page market research report, “mentally
Health Apps Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Platform Type (Android, iOS), by Application Type (Depression & Anxiety Management, Stress Management), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030‘, published by Grand View Research.
In 2021, the iOS platform type segment dominated with a revenue share of over 45.0%. Increasing consumer adoption of iOS is one of the key parameters contributing to the growth of the segment. For example in Sept 2020, around 26% of iPod, iPad and iPhone users adopted the iOS 14 updates within 5 days of their release. The Android platform type segment is expected to grow the fastest at 17.9% during the forecast period owing to the rising consumer adoption rates of Android. For example, according to statistics from Business of Apps in 2021, the number of Android users increased from 2.3 billion in 2018 to 2.8 billion in 2020.
The segment of applications treating depression and anxiety disorders accounted for a share of over 25.0% in 2021 due to the rising prevalence of depression and anxiety disorders and rising awareness of applications treating these conditions. For example, Flow, an app that helps treat depression, saw sales of its at-home brain stimulation headset increase by around 247%. This headset is used in conjunction with the Flow app to treat depression. Additionally, according to reports published by Med-Tech Innovation, during the COVID-19 pandemic, around 30% of Flow app and headset users overcame depression using the app. Such cases signify increasing adoption thereby driving market growth.
North America dominated the market with a revenue share of over 35.0% in 2021. Various factors such as the development of utility networks, the increasing adoption of smartphones and the increasing prevalence of health problems affecting mental well-being are driving the regional market. In addition, the increasing demand for technological solutions in terms of software and applications for the population has led to an increasing acceptance of mental health-based apps by healthcare providers and others. In addition, increasing stress and other health conditions affecting the mental health of the population is another factor affecting the market growth.
Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to increased use of mental health platforms around the world. Increasing adoption of mobile healthcare applications to maintain mental and mental health during pandemic situation and increasing remote monitoring are some of the factors fueling the growth of the market in 2020. For example, according to data cited by Business of Apps in 2021, Calm, a meditation and sleep management app, saw a significant increase in subscribers in 2020. Subscribers grew from 0.75 million in 2017 to 4 million a year 2020. Hence, the COVID-19 pandemic has fueled the adoption of mental health-based apps, fueling their growth in the near future.
Grand View Research has segmented the global mental health apps market based on platform type, application type, and region:
- Mental Health Apps Platform Type Outlook (Revenue, $M, 2017-2030)
- Application Type for Mental Health Apps Outlook (Revenue, $M, 2017-2030)
- Depression and Anxiety Management
- meditation management
- coping with stress
- wellness management
- Regional Outlook for Mental Health Apps (Revenue, $M, 2017-2030)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of the major players in the Mental Health Apps Market
- MoodMission Pty Ltd.
- Sanvello health
- Headspace Inc.
- YouTuber, Inc.
Check out more studies on health and fitness apps published by Grand View Research:
- mhealth Apps Market – Global mHealth Apps Market Size has been assessed $38.2 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.8% from 2022 to 2030. Smartphone usage are the major factors expected to drive the market.
- Women’s Health App Market – Global Female Health Apps Market Size has been assessed $2.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.0% from 2021 to 2028. The rising incidence of target interference and high smartphone penetration are expected to drive the growth of the market.
- fitness App Market – Global Fitness Apps Market Size has been assessed $1.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.6% from 2022 to 2030. The spreading COVID-19 pandemic resulted in nationwide lockdowns followed by social distancing norms, aiding the transition from traditional studios and gyms to virtual fitness.
Browse Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global healthcare IT industry.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a US-based market research and consulting firm, offers both syndicated and custom research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquarters in san francisco, the company includes over 425 analysts and consultants who add more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. Through an interactive market research platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutions understand the global and regional business environment and assess the opportunities ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States of America
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.