Free psychological counseling for students on campus

Photo submitted

University life is stressful, filled with final exams and nightly study sessions. For many students, the last few weeks of a semester can find it difficult to focus on grades and schoolwork.

On-campus students are entitled to free short-term individual counseling through an innovative collaboration between University Housing and the Pat Walker Health Center.

This program is a partnership between Housing and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) of the health center.


In addition to individual advice, students are entitled and encouraged to take part in free CAPS groups and workshops.

Workshop topics

Contact CAPS

Do you think you could benefit from these services? Call CAPS at 479-575-5276 during business hours, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Students who are in an acute crisis or need to be seen that day should go to the CAPS office on the second floor of the Pat Walker Health Center during business hours. Outside business hours, a student can call 479-575-5276 for emergency assistance.

The CAPS main telephone number can be found on the back of every student, lecturer and employee ID card.

CAPS offers outreach programs to departments across campus, including University Housing, for easier access and connection to wellness and mental health resources.

Outreach events are a great way for students to familiarize themselves with CAPS and our services, and help normalize mental health issues that college students often face.

Helpful links

Resident assistants included

Are you a Resident Assistant or RA?

CAPS offers an RA support group in the CAPS office every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. This is a confidential group where RAs can register online in advance and come over for assistance if necessary, whether or not it is a specific job related housing issue.

For more information, please contact Heather Vinti, [email protected] or Maddie De Bucce, [email protected]

About university apartments.University Housing is a department within the Student Affairs Department that runs a shared apartment of around 6,200 students on campus. More than 200 students find employment opportunities at University Housing each year. We offer educational programs that support student success and services that help students focus on academics at the University of Arkansas. Living on campus begins with a residential contract.

Comments are closed.